So yesterday was my 37 week check-up and the little baby boy is still in the breech position! So it looks like we are good to go on Feb. 16 which is kinda of cool because only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date! My doctor did inform me that there is still a little chance that he will flip but I am not going to get my hopes up! It is nice to know the absolute end date though.
On another note, I don't understand this but why do people feel the need to tell pregnant women whatever they want to? The other day I was working and was at a school (not going to say because this doesn't reflex the whole school) and someone whom I don't know at all came up to and started talking about me being pregnant. Now I don't mind that at all, but what I do mind, is the subject came up that Carter was breech and then she tells me. "I hear they stay in the breech position when they have down syndrome or muscular dystrophy." WHAT? Why would you tell a person this??? Luckily, I had a doctors appointment the next day and after talking to Dr. Clapp she said she has NO reason to believe that at all, and actually had never of that So I will take the doctor's opinion over the teacher opinion on this subject! Then she told me the reason she believes that he is still in the breech position is he got really comfortable and kept growing and now he is stuck and there isn't enough space for him to turn around. So we are going to go with that reason!
Why do people think it is ok to say whatever to someone who is pregnant?
My next appointment is Feb. 2 at 1:00pm!
I know that is so frustrating! My niece who was born last year was breech, and she actually delivered naturally that way. They didn't realize she was breech, got into delivery, realized it and started to prep for a C-section, then Joelle came out before they got the chance! And she is perfectly healthy!
ReplyDelete