So today was baby doctor appointment #2. This was a quick appointment no sonograms, just hearing the baby's heartbeat! And it was going fast! We did find out that I am RH negative which for you who don't know what that is here is an explaination I found online.......
During pregnancy, Rh-negative is the only one of these blood groups that can cause a problem. It turns out that an Rh-negative mother can make antibodies (part of her immune system's response to invaders) against Rh-positive blood cells, even against those of her own baby. This is called Rh sensitization. These antibodies have the potential to cross the placenta and attack the fetus' red blood cells, which in turn can cause low blood count (anemia), congestive heart failure, and even fetal death. This is called hemolytic disease. Fortunately, Rh sensitization is preventable with a medicine called Rh immunoglobulin (RhIg, or Rhogam™.) Since the development of RhIg, in 1968, we have seen fewer and fewer mothers who are Rh sensitized.
Anyway the simple solution is to get a shot! Which I am going to go ahead and do later.
Other news from today we have an appointment Sept. 1 to find out the sex of the baby!! Hopefully, he or she will corporate and we will find out!
*I am also allowed Ceasar dressing!!*
Woohoo! It's already going by so fast...for me anyway! Glad you had a good appt. My first guess is that you are having a boy. I.CANNOT.WAIT to find out. Let's get together SOON!!!!!!!!! The next weekend Tony has free if you guys are available then. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your little boy! Rh neg is no big deal (as you saw) these days. If you have any spotting though, call the doc because you'll have to get another shot (3x with Lauren!!!! ouch!)
ReplyDelete